Sunday, August 13, 2006

This day would be really made if Chelsea beat Liverpool but they're still playing and with a levelled score anything is possible. Now I know why I'm both excited and strangely reluctant for the new season to start. A clean slate. After winning back to back, three in a row would sit very nicely with me but you never know. Riise scored for the Reds, Sheva with his first (of hopefully many more to come) for the Blues.
Anyway while waiting. People have been asking me if I'm excited about school starting.
No.
Not at all?
I don't know.
Unfamiliarity, new things to learn, getting the brain working again after ages of non-usage. The whole hoopla scares me. (But right now losing to Pool scares me even more)
Honestly perhaps my life would have been more stable and less heart attacky if football wasn't a part of my life.
That being said, then people would be giving me very different birthday gifts then the ones I've gotten this year. Everything except that cute green turtle of a soft toy and some part of YY and Sonya's present has something to do with football. My cell girls gave me Mourinho: Anatomy of a Winner (which is very wittily written), Chelsea figurines (half paid by Benita), Chelsea Season Review (my parents), Chelsea magazine (Gladys) and contributions to my ACMilan jacket (Quek, WeeMin, Nat). More contributions welcomed as I'm still paying my way to buy it. Haha.
A good dinner with my family.
Happy 19th to me.
Things have been less of a happy happy because of timetable worries and admin stresses but yeah well, football distracts me.